Production Bill of Material (PBoM)/Variant update is not supported in current release.
When a new version of a Product Design is released, the current lean handover to the PBoM can neither create a new Variant for an existing PBoM, nor update an existing Variant. System will always create an individual NEW Variant of a NEW PBoM for each handover.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Product Development work center.
- Select the Product Designs view.
- Show All Product Design Versions.
- Select the respective Product Design with status Released and select the Edit button.
- Select the Convert to Production BoM button.
- In the pop-up window, enter a new value in the BoM ID field to create a new Production Bill Of Material.
- Select the Ok button.
- Select the Where Used tab.
- You can see the new BoM that was created in the Production BoM table with BoM Variant as 1.
System does not support creation of a new BoM Variant for an existing BoM ID nor update of existing BoM Variant.
This feature will be supported in a future release.
KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , Product Enhancement