You may have a requirement to terminate an employee with the reason as Retirement.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to work center Personnel Administration.
- Select view Regular Tasks.
- Select link Terminate Relationship with Employee. A new window pops up.
- Select an employee abc who needs to be terminated.
- Set Termination Category as Dismissal or Resignation. Then select Termination Reason. Note that there is no item Retirement in dropdown list Termination Reason.
For terminating an employee, the Termination Category can be Dismissal (initiated by employer) or Resignation (initiated by employee).
For both categories, termination reason Retirement is not pre-configured. However, such a reason can be added via Business Configuration work center. For using Termination Reason as Retirement it is always recommended to use it under Resignation category.
Follow the below steps to add a termination reason:
- Go to work center Business Configuration.
- Select view Activity List.
- Select chevron/arrow Fine-Tune on the top.
- Select All Activities in the Show drop down list and search with Termination Reasons in the Find field.
- Search for activity Termination Reasons in Find. Note that Termination Reasons is an optional activity and may not appear in fine-tuning activity list. Please follow the below steps to make it visible:
- Select button Add Optional Activities to open a popup window.
- Search Termination Reasons in Find.
- Check In Activity List for Termination Reasons line.
- Click Save button then Close button.
- Select link Termination Reasons to open a popup window.
- Select the Event type as Resignation.
- Select Add button in the below Details pane.
- In added line enter Retirement in Reason column and a code starting with letter Z in Code column.
- Select Save and Close button.
Now Retirement should appear in Termination Reason for category Resignation during employee termination.
KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , How To