You create an appointment from the Business ByDesign system and synchronize it with Outlook client. You want to track the meeting responses sent back by the attendees in Outlook but you are not able to do the same.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Account Management work center.
- Choose the New Appointment link under the Common Task tab. This opens a new screen.
- Enter all the required details such as Subject, Start Time , End Time and List of Attendees and save the appointment.
The appointment in the Business ByDesign system is successfully synchronized with your outlook calendar.
You want to know the response status for this appointment from the Tracking tab of outlook meeting window but you are not able to track the same.
As per the current functionality, when the appointment is created and sent out from the Business ByDesign system, the option of the attendees to be able to send the response is disabled by default.
Hence you are not able to track the responses sent back by attendees in Outlook.
Following is the work around that you may use in case you want to enable the response tracking from Outlook.
- Enable the Request Responses option from the Outlook client as mentioned below:
- Microsoft Outlook 2003:
- Open the appointment from the Outlook and choose on the Actions link available in the upper main menu.
- Enable the Request Response option in the list.
- Microsoft Outlook 2007:
- Open the appointment from the Outlook. You will find Attendees block at the top center of your outlook meeting window.
- Under the Attendees block you will find Responses drop-down menu.
- From the Responses drop down menu, enable the Request Response option.
After enabling the Request Response option by one of the two ways mentioned above, send the updated meeting request to the attendees again.
Now if the attendees send the responses, you will be able to track them in the Tracking tab of the meeting screen.
KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To