Field Leave Available (as of today) in employee's Leave Request is incorrect, which is reflecting total account balance available for the entire year.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to work center Home.
- Select view Self Services and select radio button Self services Overview.
- Select the link New Leave Request under section Time.
- Check the balance of Leave Available (as of today). Note that this field may show the total entitled leave balance whole year rather than accrued leave balance until today.
The reason for displaying the entitled balance whole year in the field is the posting type configured for the time account rule in Business Configuration.
In order to show leave balance accrued until today rather than the end of year, you need to change the time account rule in Business Configuration:
- Go to work center Business Configuration.
- Select view Activity List|All Activities.
- Select link Fine-Tune on the top.
- Select Show All Activities.
- Click Time Account used for employee's paid time-off.
- In popup window, click link Maintain Time Account Rules. There you can choose the time account rule used by the time account and click the button Maintain Account Rule in the detail section.
- A new window will open up, where you can change Posting Type on tab Accrual Rule from Entitlement to Accrual. Then click Save and Close.
After this change has been saved it might be necessary to remove the time account from the employee's time file and add it again. Then the changed time account rule will take effect. Note that the changed balance may not be shown immediately in the time account postings, but after the next day closure run which is scheduled to be run during the night.
KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , Product Enhancement