You are editing the fine tuning activity Number Ranges for Employees and Service Agents, but when saving the changes, error message "Interval with start number XXX and end number YYY must not overlap" is triggered.
SAP Business ByDesign.
- SAP Cloud for Customer.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Overview work center view.
- Search and open the fine tuning activity Number Range for Employees and Service Agents.
- In the new screen, select one of the rows under the section Available Number Ranges.
- Change or enter a value for the Start Number and/or End Number.
- Click the button Save and Close.
System throws the above-mentioned error message.
The error is due to the overlap between the number range of employees and the number range of service agents.
Please define number ranges that do not overlap for both categories. For example, if you are defining the number range for employees as 0001 to 9999, the number range for service agents should be 10000 to XXXXX (where XXXXX represent any end number higher than 10000).
Number Range, Interval with start number, end number, must not overlap, Employee ID, Service Agent ID , KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To