When you are defining or changing the fine tuning activity 'Number Ranges for Employees and Service Agents', you may receive the below error message:
'Interval with start number XXX and end number YYY must not overlap'
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to work center Business Configuration.
- Select view Activity List.
- Select Fine Tune arrow.
- Search for Fine tuning activity Number Ranges for Employees and Service Agents and select the link Number Ranges for Employees and Service Agents.
- Select the row Number range for employees from available Number Ranges.
- Change or enter the value of Start Number and/or End Number.
- Select the button Save and Close.
System throws the above error message.
The error is due to the overlap in the 'number range of employees' and 'number range of service agents'.
The 'Number Range of Employees' and 'Number Range for Service Agents' should not overlap.
For example: If you are defining 'Number Range for Employees' as (0001 to 9999) the 'Number Range for Service Agents' should be (10000 to XXXXX), which will avoid the overlap.
KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , Product Enhancement