When hiring an employee, you may get the below error message:
Enter a service agent ID between XXXX and YYYY
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Personnel Administration.
- Select the view Regular Tasks.
- Under the Hiring section select the link Hire Employee.
- Fill in the mandatory details in step one (Enter Personal Data), which are marked by an asterisk.
- Select the button Next.
System may throw the above error message.
There may be two causes for this issue:
- The Employee ID you entered is not in range of the values set in Fine Tuning activity Number Ranges for Employees and Service agents.
- The Employee IDs are used up.
The employee ID which you are using to create an employee is not in range of the values you configured in the Fine Tuning activity Number Ranges for Employees and Service Agents.
You can check the number ranges configured in the Fine Tuning activity:
- Go to the work center Business Configuration.
- Select the view Activity List.
- Select the arrow Fine-Tune.
- Search for the Fine Tuning activity Number Ranges for Employees and Service Agents and select the link Number Ranges for Employees and Service Agents. A new window will open.
- In the new window, select the Number range for employees row from available number ranges.
If ID of the employee entered is not within the configured number range, you have to enter the employee ID within the range as per the fine tuning configuration (can be verified as above).
If configured IDs are used up, follow the below steps to change the number range then enter a new ID:
- Select Number range for employees row from available Number Ranges.
- Select on the value of End Number and increase the range of number of employees.
- Select the button Save and Close.
- You should get a confirmation message: Your settings are saved and deployed successfully.
- Select the button OK.
Now, the number range has sufficient free numbers to be used for newly hired employees.
KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , Product Enhancement