You have created a cancellation invoice and you want to delete/cancel this cancellation.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Invoice Documents view.
- Select the cancellation invoice XYZ.
At this stage you are not able to delete/cancel the cancellation invoice.
The invoice XYZ is the cancellation invoice of invoice ABC.
The system works as designed. A cancellation of a cancellation document is not possible.
If an invoice is cancelled by mistake, the only possibility is to create a new invoice for the preceding document.
This document can be found in the document flow.
1. Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
2. Select the Invoice Documents view.
3. Select the cancellation invoice XYZ.
4. Select the View All button.
5. Select the Document Flow tab.
In this case you have to create a new invoice.
The journal entry of a cancellation invoice is automatically posted to the same day as the journal entry of the original invoice. Even if you have entered a different posting date in the cancellation invoice. However, if this period is already closed or if there is a process control setup to restrict the posting then the journal entry will be posted into the period/date which is indicated in the posting date of the cancellation invoice. That's why in general the report Journal in General Ledger work center shows that the posting date for the original journal entry matches exactly with the one for the cancelation journal entry which means from financial side everything is fine. There should be no issue in the Profit and Loss statement or in the Balance Sheet.
To see that do the following:
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to Closing Cockpit view.
- Go to Source Documents sub view.
- Filter for Customer Invoice.
- Find customer invoice ID and check for Proposed Posting Date.
- Find reversal customer invoice and check for Proposed Posting Date.
They should be posted in the same period.
Cancellation Invoice; Cancel; Cancellation; Button , KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To