When you, as a Project Manager, intend to approve the time recording of a team member, system may throw the below error message:
On MM/DD/YYYY partial day absences not allowed as no planned working time
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Project Management work center.
Select the Approvals view.
Select the time entry.
Select the Approve button.
System may throw the above error.
Applying for partial absence on a public holiday is not supported in current release.
System is working as designed.
Partial absences are not allowed if it is recorded on a public holiday (no planned working time). Partial day absences can be identified on the maintained duration in the employee's time sheet.
On the other hand each approval of an employee time will trigger the valuation until the day the time is confirmed for.
There are several possibilities how to handle such behavior:
1. Remove the duration of the vacation entered on MM/DD/YYYY. The time will then be treated as a full-day absence on public holiday. This will not result in the error message as full day absences will be paired with planned working time for that day and as there is no working time, the valuation will not take advantage of that vacation.
2. Define a working time model for MM/DD/YYYY to get planned working time. The vacation will then be valuated and the time account for holiday time will be updated.
3. Remove the recorded absence time as MM/DD/YYYY is a public holiday defined in holiday calendar. To see employee's recorded time,
- Go to the Time Administration work center.
- Select the Employees view.
- Select the employee and open his/her time file.
- Select the Employee Times tab and select the category Vacation and the corresponding date (MM/DD/YYYY) in the table view.
The time should appear there. Now time administrator can delete the time entry.
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , Product Enhancement