- Application uses the Crystal Reports database driver crdb_dao.dll.
- Report is connecting to an Access database or flat file such as CSV.
- The application is converted from 32-bit to 64-bit using Crystal Reports Basic for Visual Studio 2008 (10.5.x).
- The issue will also occur with Crystal Reports for VS .NET 2005 (10.2.x).
- Error: "Failed to load database information. Details: The database DLL 'crdb_dao.dll' could not be loaded".
- The driver crdb_dao.dll used the Microsoft DAO engine.
- There is no 64-bit DAO engine.
- Thus there is no 64-bit crdb_dao.dll.
- Do not use the MS DAO engine.
- Create an ADO .NET dataset.
- Point the report to the dataset.
Alternately, create a 64-bit ODBC data source and connect the report to this data source.
Forum Thread , KBA , BI-DEV-NET-SDK , .NET SDK / COM SDK , How To
SAP Crystal Reports 10.0