A product has dependent demand. You run the MRP for this product to create corresponding supply, however MRP is not creating any proposal.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supply Planning work center.
- Select the Products view.
- Search for relevant product.
- Select the searched product and choose Open button.
- In the Product Planning Details screen, you can see that there is dependent demand.
- Run MRP by clicking on Single BoM Level or Multi BoM Level from Run Planning drop down.
It is not creating any proposal.
In the master data for this product you have maintained Demand Management Procedure as ADRF-All demand reduce forecast. In this procedure, only forecast will be considered as demand. No other demand like dependent demand, actual demand like sales order will be considered. That is why system is not creating any supply. In the Product Planning Details screen, you can also see that such demand will not be reflected in the projected stock.
Change the correct Demand Management Procedure like ATOS_CPC-Dependent demand and sales consume current forecast, ATOS_MPC-Dependent demand and sales consume preceding forecast or ATOS_SPC-Dependent demand and sales consume adjacent forecast based on your business requirement. To do so,
- Go to the Product Data work center.
- Select the Materials view.
- Search for the relevant product.
- Select the searched product and choose Edit button.
- In the material screen, choose View All button.
- Go to Planning tab. Here select the appropriate Demand Management Procedure from the drop down.
- If you do not maintain any value for Demand Management Procedure then also, MRP will create proposal for dependent demand and it will be considered in Projected Stock calculation. For that you need to manually delete the value of Demand Management Procedure.
Note: If in the Demand Management Procedure drop down, you are only able to see one value of ADRF-All demand reduce forecast', then for the resolution, check the case document with title "In the material screen 'Demand Management Procedure' drop down is showing only one value i.e. 'ADRF-All demand reduce forecast'".
KBA , dependent demand projected stock , AP-SDM , Supply and Demand Matching , How To