- Error: An error occurred while parsing the native salesforce report.
- Crystal Reports returns the following error while trying to connect to salesforce.com stored procedure with special character like © (copyright)
"Database Connector Error: An error occurred while parsing the native salesforce report"
- The same value is displayed successfully when connecting to a Salesforce.com table from Crystal Reports.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
Reproducing the Issue
- Open Crystal Reports designer.
- Connect to Salesforce.com
- Connect to Stored Procedure that contains data with a special character in any string value.
- It will then fail with the error: "Database Connector Error: An error occurred while parsing the native salesforce report"
- Copyright character is not supported due to Salesforce.com Stored Procedure connectivity limitation.
- Salesforce.com Stored Procedure connectivity is different than Salesforce.com direct Table connection.
- For Stored Procedure, Crystal Reports download the xls file from Salesforce.com, and parse it using pullparser, and if the data contains copyright character, the xls file would be:
<td style="vnd.ms-excel.numberformat:@">Subject</td><td style="vnd.ms-excel.numberformat:@">copyright character © here</td>“©”
Which is an invalid element content in pullparser.
- For Salesforce.com Table, Crystal Reports is getting the data using the API directly without pullparse.
- To be able to report off a Salesforce.com Stored Procedure that have data that contains special characters, you have to delete or replace the unsupported characters in Salesforce.com data.
SFDC, SForce, CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Bug Filed
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011