- Publishing or scheduling reports to Crystal reports Dot Com (CRDC)
- Desktop Publisher error: "Error: Nested Exemptiion javax.net.ssl SSLHandShakeException"
In March 2010, new SSL certificates were installed on the Crystal Reports Dot Com servers. After the installation, the Desktop Publisher began displaying errors with the publishing or previously scheduled report instances. The issue was caused by the client side java runtime engine not knowing about the new certificates.
- Obtain the newest certificate from the CRDC support engineers. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or download zip file in the attachment.
- Save the file tot c:\ You should end up with the file at c:\ TCTrustCenterClass2CAII.cer
- Open a command prompt window and type cd c:\ You should be at c:\ at this point.
- Copy the following line (including double quotes):
cd “C:\Program Files\Business Objects\j2sdk1.4.2_08\jre\bin
For CR 2008:
cd C:\Program Files\Business Objects\javasdk\jre\bin
5. In the command prompt window, right-click in the window and select paste.
6. Hit Enter. You should be at
c:\program files\business objects\javasdk\jre\bin directory for CR 2008
C:\Program Files\Business Objects\j2sdk1.4.2_08\jre\bin for XIR2
7. Copy the following command:
keytool -storepass changeit -import -keystore "C:\Program Files\Business Objects\j2sdk1.4.2_08\jre\lib\security\cacerts" -file "C:\Program Files\Business Objects\j2sdk1.4.2_08\jre\lib\security\TCTrustCenterClass2CAII.cer
For CR 2008
keytool -storepass changeit -import -keystore "C:\Program Files\Business Objects\javasdk\jre\lib\security\cacerts" -file "C:\Temp\pr_TC_Class_2_L1_CA_XI.cer"
8. In the command prompt window again right click and select paste. Note that this assumes you copied the certificate to c:\ If not, please adjust the path below.
9. Run the command. You should be prompted with a question. Type is yes. Press Enter. The certificate should be imported.
10. Attempt to use the desktop publisher again.
If there is an error concerning file not found, then a path statement is incorrect. Make sure everything looks correct.
KBA , BI-OD-CR , CrystalReports.com , Problem