- No list of values.
- Prompt List of values empty when reporting off a BEx Query in Crystal Reports.
- When executing the same BEx Query in BEx Analyzer, it does have a list of values.
- When refreshing a report based on an SAP BW BEx Query in Crystal Reports designer, there is no list of values for the BEx Query variable / parameter.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report. To do so, select under the menu File: New - Blank Reports...
- In the "Database Expert" window under "Create New Connection", double click on "SAP BW MDX Query"
- In the "SAP Logon" window, select the SAP BW System, and enter your SAP User credentials.
- Then select an SAP BW BEx Query that have a least on variable.
- In the "Design" view of the report, add at least one database field to the report.
- When refreshing the report, it will prompt for a variable value, but there is no list of values to select from.
Note: When executing the same BEx Query in BEx Analyzer, it does have a list of values. It is only empty in Crystal Reports.
- It is unfortunately normal behavior. When creating a report based on a BEx Query using the "File" menu, it will not show any sample values for a BEx Query variable.
- This is because when reporting off a BEx Query in Crystal Reports designer, there is no concept of dynamic list of values for the BEx Query variable.
- The BEx Query variable only show a dynamic list of values when viewing the report in InfoView / SAP BI LaunchPad, if the user login using SAP Authentication or SNC is setup on the SAP BI Platform.
- To help the report designer test the report, a sample static list of values for the BEx Query variable will be populated when the report is created using the SAP menu in Crystal Reports. To create a report based on a BEx Query that have a static sample List of Values for the variable, follow the steps below:
- In Crystal Reports designer, under the menu "SAP", select "Create New Report from a Query…"
- In the "SAP Logon" window, select the SAP BW System, and your SAP User credentials.
- In the "Select Query for your Crystal Reports" window, select the BEx Query that have at least on variable.
Add a couple of fields to the report, and when refreshing it, you will now see a static sample list of values for the variable.
Note: This is not a dynamic list of values. It is a sample static list of values only.
List of values is empty , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem