- PDF document file size is larger due to the fonts being embedded in the PDF document
- How to not embed fonts when exporting to PDF format from Crystal Reports
- Crystal Reports 10
- Crystal Reports XI
- Crystal Reports XI R2
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- Open a report in Crystal Reports
- Export the report to PDF format
- Under the menu File, select: Export -> Export Report
- In the Export window, select the format: PDF
- Click the button: OK, to export the report
- In the Export options window, click the button: OK, and the report will be exported to PDF format after entering the file name
- Open the report in Adbobe PDF Reader, and notice all the fonts used in the report have been embedded in the PDF document
- There is no option to selectively remove fonts from being embedded when exporting to PDF format from Crystal Reports.
- This design is to ensure the PDF document is truly portable, so the document looks the same way regarless of the environment in which it has been open.
- The enhancement request ADAPT00694361 has been added to request an option to disable embedding specific fonts in a PDF document when exporting.
Note: Enhancements are reviewed during the development process of future product release, and it unfortunately does not guarentee this functionality will be added in any future product. If this functionality is added in the future, this SAP Note will be updated to reflect the change.
Export, PDF, embedding fonts, Crystal Reports, CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Product Enhancement