Occasionally SAP Support requests a HTTP trace for further analysis of reported problems. This document describes the necessary steps to create such a HTTP trace. HttpWatch integrates with Internet Explorer and Google Chrome browsers to show you exactly what HTTP traffic is triggered when you access a web page. If you access a site that uses secure HTTPS connections, HttpWatch automatically displays the decrypted form of the network traffic.
SAP Business ByDesign
Download the free version of 'HttpWatch Basic Edition' from this internet site : http://www.httpwatch.com/download/ and install it on your system.
1. Logon to the system in IE.
- After logining into the system, press right click. You can see the option - HttpWatch Basic
- The HttpWatch plug-in can be displayed in the lower part of the browser window.
- Open the ByDesign/C4C system's workcenter/view where you are facing the issue and then press 'Record' on the HTTPWatch screen and follow your steps to reproduce the issue.
- Press 'Stop' once the issue is reproduced completely.
- Click on 'Save' to save the trace file. The extension of the file is hwl.
- Convert the .hwl file to .zip and Attach the file to the incident and send it back to SAP Support.
2. Logon to the system in Chrome.
- Click on the Customize button and then More Tools -> Developer Tools.
- After launching developer Tool, click on Network tab.
- Click on Record Network log button .
- Status changes to red as shown below.
- Then execute the transaction or work center where there is performance issue.
- Stop recording trace immediately once screen transaction is executed.
- Click on 'Save' by right clicking on trace and select Save as HAR with content.
- Attach the file to the incident and send it back to SAP Support.
KBA , trace , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To