Occasionally SAP Support requests a HTTP trace for further analysis of reported problems. This document describes the necessary steps to create such a HTTP trace. HttpWatch integrates with Internet Explorer and Google Chrome browsers to show you exactly what HTTP traffic is triggered when you access a web page. If you access a site that uses secure HTTPS connections, HttpWatch automatically displays the decrypted form of the network traffic.
Download the free version of 'HttpWatch Basic Edition' from this internet site : http://www.httpwatch.com/download/ and install it on your system.
1. Logon to the system in IE.
- After logining into the system, press right click. You can see the option - HttpWatch Basic
- The HttpWatch plug-in can be displayed in the lower part of the browser window.
- Open the ByDesign/C4C system's workcenter/view where you are facing the issue and then press 'Record' on the HTTPWatch screen and follow your steps to reproduce the issue.
- Press 'Stop' once the issue is reproduced completely.
- Click on 'Save' to save the trace file. The extension of the file is hwl.
- Convert the .hwl file to .zip and Attach the file to the incident and send it back to SAP Support.
2. Logon to the system in Chrome.
- Click on the Customize button and then More Tools -> Developer Tools.
- After launching developer Tool, click on Network tab.
- Click on Record Network log button .
- Status changes to red as shown below.
- Then execute the transaction or work center where there is performance issue.
- Stop recording trace immediately once screen transaction is executed.
- Click on 'Save' by right clicking on trace and select Save as HAR with content.
- Attach the file to the incident and send it back to SAP Support.
KBA , trace , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To