In Crystal Reports 2008 when a / or - is in the name it treats those fields as a subelement within the main business element and if business elements have a / or - in the name they are treated as subelements as well.
- Crystal Reports 2008 SP2
- Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1 SP2
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Business Element in Business Views Mangaer based on Xtereme Sample Database.
- Rename the Business Element using an "/" or "-" in it .For example: Customer/Order or Customer-Order.
- When a report is created based on this Busines View Manager,in the Database Expert the Available Data Sources shows "Customer-orders".
- When the Business Element is selected in the Selected Tables it shows Customer_Orders.
- In the Field Explorer the Business Element "Customer-Orders" shows as subelement Customer_Orders(Please refer the attached screen shot).
- This behaviour is noticed for all special characters including space.
The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01349234.
This issue is scheduled to be addressed in a future Fix Pack or Service Pack.
Crystal Reports, BusinessViews, BusinessElement , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Bug Filed