- Deploy a .NET Winform application using ClickOnce.
- Error: Setup has detected that the file 'C:\DOCUME~1\%user%\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSDD.tmp\CrystalReports 12.0\CRRuntime_12_2_mlb.msi' has changed since it was initially published.
- Windows XP SP2
- .NET Framework 2.0
- Crystal Reports 2008 SP2
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a .NET Winform application utilizing the Crystal Reports .NET SDK for Crystal Reports 2008.
- Create a ClickOnce deployment package according to the instructions in the Developer Guide.
The CRRuntime_12_2_mlb.msi has been updated on the http://resources.businessobjects.com/ site.
The ClickOnce deployment must be rebuilt with the updated MSI file in the ..\BootStrapper\Packages\CrystalReports 12.0\ folder. The following steps must be done on the development/deployment system with Visual Studio installed.
- Download CRRuntime_12_2_mlb.msi from below,
- Save the msi file to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\BootStrapper\Packages\CrystalReports 12.0\.
- Open the Visual Studio .NET solution file (.sln).
- In the Solution Explorer, right click the project name and select Publish.
- Follow the prompts to re-publish your app for ClickOnce.
- When finished, copy the URL and open the site on a client system where the .NET app will be installed.
- Install the application via click once on the client computer.
- If you get this error on the client computer:
- Error: Setup has detected that the file 'C:\DOCUME~1\dhilton\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSDD.tmp\CrystalReports 12.0\CRRuntime_12_2_mlb.msi' has changed since it was initially published.
- Ensure you've deleted the CRRuntime_12_2_mlb.msi in the client temp directory , C:\Documents and Settings\%user%\Local Settings\Temp\VSD3B.tmp\CrystalReports 12.0\.
KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , Problem