- Unable to insert a sub-report based on Business View.
- Crystal Report designer terminates unexpectedly.
- Crystal Reports 2008 Service Pack 2.
- BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 Service Pack 2.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create two Data Connection in Business View.
- NOTE: Under Set Data Connection Password dialog box, choose Never Prompt.
- Create a Dynamic Data Connection and add the above two data connection's into it.
- Create a Data Foundation based on the above dynamic data connection.
- Create two Business Element, each based on the two data connection's created above.
- Create a Business View and add the above two business element's in it.
- Create a Crystal Report using this Business View.
- In main report add the Business Element 1 and its field.
- Insert a sub-report.
- Name the sub-report and then click on Report Wizard.
- Select Business Element 2 and its field.
- Place this sub-report in the report header section of the main report.
The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01347927.
Install FixPack 2.6 or Service Pack 3 for BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1.
Business Views, Crystal Report Designer, Sub-Report, Crashes. , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Bug Filed