- A Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2008 application uses the Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET 2008 SDK as the reporting development tool.
- When the application is deployed to a computer that does not have a C: drive, the following error message appears when attempting to load the report:
"File not found" or "Load Report Failed".
- Why does this error message appear and how can it be resolved?
- Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2008.
- Windows Server 2003 (64-bit).
This error message appears because the application sets registry values that point to the C: drive, by default.
To resolve the error message, use the following steps to change these registry values in the Registry Editor.
The following resolution involves editing the registry. Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall the Microsoft Windows operating system. Use the Registry Editor at your own risk.
It is strongly recommended that you make a backup copy of the registry files before you edit the registry.For information on how to edit the registry key, view the 'Changing Keys And Values' online Help topic in the Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).======================================================================================================================================
- On the 'Start' menu, click 'Run'.
- In the 'Run' dialog box, type "Regedit" and then click 'OK'.
- Navigate to the following key in the regsitry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | Wow6432Node | Business Objects | 10.5 | Report Application Server | InProcServer | LocalConnectionMgr
- Right-click the 'ConnectionDirectoryPath' string value, and then click 'Modify'.
- In the 'Value data' text box, change "c:\" to the drive letter where the following directory exists (you may need to search your computer to find where this directory exists) and then click 'OK':
- Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\2.8\bin
- Right-click the 'LocalConnectionMgr' subkey, click 'New' then click 'String Value'.
- Name this String Value "ReportDirectoryPath".
- Right-click the 'ReportDirectoryPath' string value and click 'Modify'.
- In the 'Value data' text box, type the same drive letter as you typed in 'ConnectionDirectoryPath'.
After making changes to the registry, restart the affected service or application as required.
More details are available in SAP support forums. The thread URL is:
For similar error while using Visual Studio 2005 and embedded CR look for Note # 1205044 in References section.
VS, bundled CR, KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , Problem