- Slow performance to display the list of values of a prompt in Webintelligence report.
- It can take several minutes to get the list of values of a filter object.
- Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1 Service Pack 2
- Infoview and WebI Rich Client XI 3.1 SP2
- SAP Integrated Solutions XI 3.1 SP2
- BW3.x and BI7 system
- Infocube and DSO (Data Store Object) sources
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a BEx query from a Data Store Object (DSO).
- Define a filter object for which its list of values is marked for searching from Master Data.
- Create a new WebIntelligence report from that Bex query involving that list of values.
The Master Data 'feature' is not leverage into WebI. The report searches from the DSO rather than the Master Data, making the list of values to take a longer time to be displayed in WebIntelligence.
It is related to the fact that the BEx query is only taken into account for the initial transfer of master data upon Universe creation.
When a WebI report is run based on a Universe created from a BEx query, the system only relates on MDX, not on the settings at BEx level.
KBA , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , Problem