- Page number incorrect.
- Page number displays as 1 on each page.
- Function Page N of M, displays as Page 1 of M for exported report.
- Each page of a report exported to MS Word Editable displays the page number as 1.
- When exporting a report to MS Word Editable from Crystal Reports, it does not export the correct Page Number, or the correct number for the Page N of M.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.0
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.1
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.2
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports or in Crystal Reports for Enterprise, open a report that have more than one page.
- Insert the Special Field: Page Number, or Page N of M in the Page Footer section or the Page Header section of the report.
- Export the report to Microsoft Word (97-2003) Editable format.
When opening the exported report in Microsoft Word, the page number displays as 1 for every page.
- When exporting a report to Microsoft Word Editable format, it exports the information found in the first Page Footer or Page Header section of the report, to one Footer or Header in MS Word, therefore, the page number is equal to 1 on every page as it is static.
- It is not exporting the page number as a MS Word page number object.
- It is unfortunately a limitation of the Microsoft Word Editable exporting driver.
- For a list of supported functionalities by exporting format, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1946358
- To export the page number, export the report to one of the following format:
- MS Word
- Rich Text Format (RTF)
Crystal Reports, CR, export, MS Word Editable, page number , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , BI-RA-CRE , Crystal Reports for Enterprise , Product Enhancement
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016