Every time the Excel data refreshes with the Live Office Connection, the dataset can decrease/increase in size. If those rows are referenced in another table on a seperate sheet, the end of that table gets cut-off with data is missing and/or references are lost.
- Business Objects Edge 3.1
- Business Objects Enterprise 3.1
- Live Office 3.1
- Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 2
- Excel 2007
Reproducing the Issue
- Created a Live Office table comprised of 'x' amount of rows.
- Make a function in Excel that has a range bound to the same LiveOffice table (VLOOKUP, etc) .
- Make the necessary changes in the Webi Report/Crystal Report or Universe so that when Live Office refreshes, it will return a smaller dataset.
- Refresh Live Office
- A Live Office refresh will add or delete rows from the spreadsheet when the table is updated in Excel. This causes the Excel references to move with those changes, which can affect functionality if users require the references to remain fixed to a cell position.
- The issue has been identified under Problem Report ID: ADAPT01217158
A new property called, "Update formulas to include/exclude cells when refreshing" has been added to the Live Office>Options menu. This has been implemented in the following versions of Live Office:
- Live Office XIR2 Service Pack 5, Fixpack 5.5
- Live Office XIR2 Service Pack 6
- Live Office XI 3.1 Fixpack 1.8
- Live Office XI 3.1 Service Pack 2 Fixpack 1
- Live Office XI 3.1 Service Pack 3
Live Office formula refresh Xcelsius Excel references functions , KBA , BI-RA , Reporting, analysis, and dashboards , Problem