While changing the data source location in crystal reports 2008 the values which are entered manually in static prompts disappears.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a crystal report based on sample SQL server stored procedure.
- The stored procedure contains static parameters.
- Enter the value in static prompt manually e.g. if the static prompt is date prompt then the values entered are 1/1/2009 and 1/2/2009.
- Migrate the report to BOXI 3.1 and Crystal report 2008.
- Change the datasource location.
- In CR 2008 Service pack 0, when the data source location is changed, the static parameter values are available or static prompt retains the values entered in earlier version.
- In CR 2008 SP1, the static prompt does not retain the values.
This is known behavior and has been tracked in ADAPT01324661.
The fix will be available in Businessobjects XI 3.1 Service Pack 3.
ADAPT01324661. , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports XI