There are some Chinese characters in the xml file which is the datasource for Xcelsius. When preview it, all Chinese characters are garbled.
BOE XI3.1 with SP2
Xcelsius 2008 with SP and FP2.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a xml file using notepad or wordpad which has Chinese characters, as below,
- Use this xml file to be the datasource of Xcelsius.
- Use list view to show the data.
- When preview it, the Chinese characters are garbled.
The default encoding of notepad is ANSI. And it doesn't support the Chinese characters.
- Open the xml file using the notepad, click "File"-->"Save as".
- Change the encoding from "ANSI" to "UFT-8", then save it.
Xcelsius; xml；Chinese character , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Dashboards and Presentation Design , How To