Some purchase order numbers for the selected number range are missing. For audit purposes, you wish there would be no gaps in the numbering of the purchase orders.
Furthermore a deleted purchase order will not be stored in the system.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to the workcenter 'Purchase Requests and Orders'.
2. Go to the view 'Purchase Orders'.
3. Select 'Show: All Documents'.
4. Sort by Purchase Order ID.
5. You can notice some gaps from one purchase order to the next one.
Some users have deleted Purchase Orders which were in status 'In Preparation'. When creating a new Purchase Order, the number ID will increment by one the highest existing number ID. The created gaps will not be filled.
KBA , po , gap , missing , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To