Crystal Reports RDC merge modules has vulnerability in the component Gdiplus.dll.
- This is a reported security issue related to gdiplus.dll.
- See Microsoft update release note 10/11/2009 here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS09-062.mspx
- The gdiplus.dll provided by Business Objects needs to be replaced with the patched version from Microsoft.
- Patch operating system according to the instructions in the security bulletin above.
- Make a backup copy of the gdiplus.dll in the Business Objects directory. Generally found in the \bin folder under C:\Program Files\Business Objects\. Use the search function to find it.
- Find the updated copy of gdiplus.dll in the system32 directory, and copy it to the Business Objects \bin directory.
Note: This is a known issue and will not be patched by Business Objects. Use the above steps to fix the issue.
RDC merge modules, gdiplus, vb6 , KBA , BI-DEV , Business Intelligence Software Development Kits (SDKs) , Problem