- CR 2008 does not allow export of sort controls
Reproducing the Issue
The steps are as follows:
- Open the report in the Crystal Reports developer application
- Click on "Record Sort Expert' and choose to sort the data on the available fields
- Now, in the 'Insert' menu select sort control and choose the field to apply the sort control.
- Place the control for the required field besides the respective column heading in the 'Page Header' section.
- Preview the report and choose to export it Microsoft Excel format by choosing the export option under File>>Export
- Open the excel(.xls) file and notice that the sort control is not exported and there is no sorting present on the columns
The issue is reproduced in following environment:
- Crystal Reports 2008 SP 1 and SP2
- Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007
- Windows XP and Windows Server 2003
- Interactive sort controls are a special feature introduced from Crystal Reports 2008 onwards.
- It allows column-by-column sorting and it works only on the report canvas
- User cannot export this feature along with report data since it is designed to work only on Crystal Reports canvas
- This behavior is by design and currently there is no workaround available.
- SORT CONTROLS , CRYSTAL REPORTS 2008
Crystal Reports 2008 V1