- In Xcelsius 2008 when the day of the start of Extended Daylight Savings Time (EDST) for Australia (GMT+10:00) is displayed in an analytic the time is shifted back 1 hour from Midnight to 2AM.
- The daylight saving actually starts at 2AM (2AM becomes 3AM on 4thOctober)
- Main problem is observed when a date is stored as 4thOctober (in Excel this is stored as Midnight) - when displaying in Xcelsius it is becoming 3rd October (Xcelsius shifts back to 3rdOctober 23:00)
Reproducing the Issue
- Set Windows Time Zone to GMT+10:00 - Australia Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney & Check the box "Automatically adjust for daylight saving changes"
- Install the latest Microsoft patches for DST
- Create Xcelsius 2008 model with 2 rows with dates:
- change the display so that you can see the HOUR displayed also (eg d/mm/yyyy hh:mm) - this is just to make it easier to see what is happening
- Add an analytic to the model to display the 2 values above (I've tested with bar chart & grid)
- Note that the second value (4thOct 0:00) becomes 3rdOct 23:00
This leads to incorrect aggregations & calculations & incorrect display of metrics
Adding 1 hour to each date masks this issue & is OK if only DATE is importatant & DATETIME is not relevant
Fix has been included in Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 3 - released December 2009
Extended Daylight Savings Time
4th October 2009
Vic , KBA , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , Problem