Database Expert does not show the user tables while creating Crystal Report
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new report using OLEDB connectivity to SQL server.
- When connection is made successfully we can see the tree for Tables, Views and Stored Procedures however when the tables is expanded it shows only system tables created by default in the database and not the user created tables
- Crystal Reports 2008 V1
- SQL Server Express 2008
The tables are not shown as the user has no rights to access the database at SQL server level.
- Log on to SQL Server Management Studio.
- From Object Explorer expand the Security folder and then Logins folder.
- Double click the user to open it
- Select User Mapping page from the left hand side pane.
- From right hand side pane select the user
- Under ‘Database Role Membership’ for user select the checkbox for ‘db_owner’ and click OK to close it.
- Close Crystal Reports application and again launch it. Now the tables for this user will be visible in Crystal Reports.
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem