- When a report is previewed from Crystal Report Designer the data is returned with no problems.
- When the report is processed from the Report Designer Control (RDC - craxdrt.dll) application, then no data is returned.
Reproducing the Issue
- Crystal Reports XI R2 RDC runtime components.
- Connecting to Microsoft Sql Server 2000 and Stored Procedure using MDAC 2.6 and ODBC DSN and an underscore in the Stored Procedure name.
- Looking at the SQL Server Profiler trace, the same calls are being make to attempt to use the Stored Procedure as a Table instead of a Stored Procedure.
- The stored procedure syntax is as follows: create procedure [dbo].[_cus] as select * from arcusfil_Sql
Other details: Crystal XI R2 Components Database = Microsoft SQL Server 2000 sp 4 Database Driver used in report = ODBC User = db_Owner within the Database
- Error Generated: SQL Profiler generates the following entry for the RDC application:
exec sp_tableswc N'[_]cus;1', N'dbo', N'Data_01', NULL
exec Data_01..sp_columns N'[_]cus;1', N'dbo', N'Data_01', NULL, @ODBCVer = 3
select * from "Data_01"."dbo"."_cus;1" where 0=1
- Crystal Reports Designer generates this syntax in the log:
exec xtreme..sp_sproc_columns N'[_]cus;1', N'dbo', N'xtreme', NULL, @ODBCVer = 3
- This is not a Crystal Reports issue.
- Please refer to the Microsoft Kbase article 294875 to resolve MDAC issues.
RDC Report Designer Component MS SQL Server 2000 Stored Procedure sp_tableswc blank null empty _ underscore , KBA , BI-DEV , Business Intelligence Software Development Kits (SDKs) , Problem