Unable to generate page footers dynamically
Because of design limitations, Crystal Reports does not allow to create the page footers dynamically
The following steps will not create the page footers dynamically but they will override as page footers are already created. For e.g. if you want to create 10 page footers refer the following steps:
- Create required number of page footers say 10.
- Create a parameter (static), which accepts the number of page footers you want
- Create a formula as follows:
- Create a formula with a Boolean array with the size equal to number of page footer
- Initialize the array with all false
- Accept the parameter with number as an input
- Add 'FOR' loop starting from the parameter value till the end of array
- In the 'FOR' loop set the current index of array to true
- Go to each section expert and in suppress condition declare the array and suppress the footer only if the index of array corresponding to page footer is true
- Repeat the 4th step for number of page footers you want
5) Run the report with the parameter.
Page footers,CR 2008,CR XI R2,Dynamically generate page footers,Page footer on demand , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To