Cannot find the tables when creating a new report off SAP Tables, Cluster, or Function in Crystal Reports
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new report off: SAP Table, Cluster, or Function.
( This option is only available when the Integration for SAP Solutions is installed )
- Logon to SAP
- Once connected it doesn't list the tables you are looking for
- Crystal Reports XI R2
- Crystal Reports 2008
- BusinessObjects XI 3.0
- BusinessObjects XI 3.1
- Integration for SAP Solutions
Crystal Reports displays by default the first 8000 objects, therefore it is possible there is more than 8000 objects in the SAP data source and the table you are looking for is not listed
To view the cluster tables you are looking for, filter the object to display using the Database Options:
- When creating a new report, in the Database Expert window, click on SAP Table, Cluster, or Function
- Log on to an SAP system
- Once connected, right click on the connection created and select Options
- In the Options window, in the Data Explorer area, use the Table name LIKE field to select only a subset of data.
- Type the full or partial name of the tables you are looking for
- Use the percentage sign (%) to denote any number of characters
- Use the underscore (_) to denote one characters
- Once done, click OK to accept the change.
- Back to the Database Expert window, right click on the connection and select Refresh
You should now be able to see the tables you are looking for under: DD [Data Dictionary]
SAP Integration Kit, Crystal Reports, CR, Cluster Tables , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To