- Report created in Crystal Reports 10 using the Mailing Label wizard
- Open in Crystal Reports XI R2 and click on the Page Setup option
- Default to the local PCs default printers default margins.
- This may cause a multi-column label to resize to a single column.
- Once the OK button is clicked there is no way to reverse this change.
- Crystal Reports 10 (version of .rpt file)
- Crystal Reports XI R2 (current report engine/runtime)
Reproducing the Issue
- Open a report created in Crystal Reports 10 in Crystal Reports XI R2
- Click on File, Page Setup and notice the left and right margins that were set to .16 now show .25 inches. Assuming your default printer is an HP.
- If you try to change the margin back to .16 it defaults back to .25
- If you click the OK button at any time the report is reformatted to a single column.
- There is no way to fix this report now.
- The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01273291.
- Crystal Reports XI R2 uses the Microsoft Framework Page setup Common dialog.
- Crystal Reports sets the margin based on the Default Printer options.
Current work around:
- Change your local regional settings to English (Canadian)
- Open the report in Crystal Reports Designer
- Verify the margins are still the same as the original setting which is converted to Metric values.
- To verify, use the number you see in the left right margin divided by 2.54 to equal inches.
- Click the OK button and save the report.
- When you open the report in Crystal Reports XI R2 the margins are now the same as the original Crystal Reports 10 report and can be changed if required.
Left Margin, right margin, default printer, Mail Label
Left Margin, right margin, default printer, Mail Label, KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Bug Filed
SAP Crystal Reports XI R2