Refreshing an existing report or creating a new Crystal report based on the "SAP BW Query" or "SAP BW MDX Query" data source results in the following error:
- Database Connector Error: "BAPI Error #:0 Error occurred when starting the parser: timeout during allocate / CPIC-CALL"
- 'BAPI Error #:0 Query 0: Laufzeitfehler Zeitlimit überschritten bei paralleler Abarbeitung mit RFC' (German)
Reproducing the Issue
- Start SAP Crystal Reports Designer
- Log into SAP BW system and select the report
This is a very general error message that indicates a problem with the MDX on the SAP server.
In Crystal Reports:
- Open the report or create a new report based on your SAP MDX Query
- Go to "Database", then "Show SQL Query"
- Copy the displayed MDX query (This MDX query comes from BW query)
In SAP GUI:
- Logon to SAP server
- Run MDXTEST transaction
- Execute MDX query copied from Crystal Reports
Any errors displayed in MDXTEST should be investigated by your BASIS team and/or SAP BW support. Until the errors in MDXTEST are resolved, Crystal Reports will not be able to successfully access and run this BW query.
BAPI error, RFC, "Failed to retrieve data from the database", German , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem