- Error: "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" occurs in Tomcat console when exporting a Crystal report with large size dynamic image by Java Reporting Component (JRC).
- Exception "com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.lib.ReportSDKException: ---- Error code:-2147467259" also appears in Internet Explorer (IE).
- JRC 220.127.116.114
- Crystal Reports (CR) XI Release 2
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a CR report. Add a image file from local computer.
- Right-click this image. Click Format Graphic.
- Click Picture tab in Format Editor.
- Click Formula Editor beside the Graphic.
- Input a dynamic image path which is relative to the Web application folder, such as “/largPic.jpg".
- Put an image file largPic.jpg which size is at least 130 kb into the same relative path of your Web application.
- Open this report by JRC web application.
- View report in CR web Viewer.
The java.lang.OutOfMemoryError "Java heap space" occurs in Java application server console.
Even if increasing Java heap size to 1 GB, this error still occurs.
This issue is identified and tracked under ADAPT01130437.
- Reduce the image size to lesss than 130kb.
- This issue has been fixed in CR4E 2.0 SP1. Install CR4E 2.0 SP1 or above to solve this issue.
KBA , BI-DEV-JAV , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - Java , Bug Filed