A text field in a report set to paragraph spacing of x, (x being any value greater than 1) is not respected when the report is exported from a VS .NET application to .DOC format.
Reproducing the Issue
- Format a text field in a Crystal report to have a spacing of 2.
- Export the report from a VS .NET application to MS Word (.DOC) format, using either the viewer export button or code as:
- The exported report will have the default spacing of 1, not 2 as set in the Crystal Report Designer. When the same report is exported from the CR designer, the set spacing is respected.
- The issue has been submitted for a resolution. Tracking number is 5000108357.
- This issue is confirmed with Crystal reports 10.5 (Crystal Reports Basic for Visual Studio 2008) and Crystal Reports 2008, using VS .NET 2008.
- This escalation was rejected
- Reason; By design
- Use the “CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportFormatType. EditableRTF” which is the export format of “Microsoft Word(97-2003)- Editable.
KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , Problem