- Exporting a report to text format
- Specify the number of lines per page when exporting to report to text format
- The first page of the text file created contains more lines than the number of lines per page specified when exporting the report
Reproducing the Issue
- Open a reports that have a Page Footer in Crystal Reports
- Export the report to Text Format
- Set the number of lines per page
- When opening the exported text file, you will notice the first page contains more lines than specified in step 3
- Crystal Reports XI
- Crystal Reports XI R2
- Crystal Reports 2008
- This is a known issue that has been tracked under ADAPT00011573
- The reason this is happening, it's because when exporting to text format and specifying the number of lines per page, it actually adds the number of lines the page footer uses on the first page.
Example: If you specified 60 lines per page when exporting to text, and the page footer takes 10 lines, then the exported text document will display 70 lines on page 1
Page 1: 70 Lines ( 60 Lines + 10 Lines from the Page Footer )
Page 2: 60 Lines
Page 3: 60 Lines
Page 4: ...
- Their is currently no fix for this issue.
- To workaround this issue, suppress the report Page Foorter.
Crystal Reports, CR, Export, Text Format, Extra Lines , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem