- Text truncated.
- Characters clipped at the end of some lines.
- When exporting a report to PDF format, some of the text is truncated on the right.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.0
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.1
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.2
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Insert database fields or text objects that contains multiple lines.
- Export the report to PDF format.
When opening the PDF document, notice the characters on the right side are truncated.
- Text displaying too close to the right edge of a Text Object or Database Fields have the potential to be truncated because the space rendering between characters is slightly be different due to various factors and the last characters may end up right after the limit of the width of the object size.
- To ensure the end of the text is not truncated, add a small gap between the end of the text object, and the text.
- Open the report in Crystal Reports designer.
- If it is not already a Text Object, add a Text Objects and insert the Database Field in the Text Object.
- Double Click on the Text Object and notice the ruler displays the width of the Text Object.
- In the ruler that appear above, move the right indent marker to the left, so the text does not come close to the border of the text field.
- Save the report.
Export to PDF , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016