- Attempting to export a report to Adobe PDF format using the Crystal Reports for Eclipse 1.x runtime results in an exception.
- The exception indicates "PdfExporter: caught Exception in PDFFormatter.finalizeFormatJob"
- Windows 2003
- Apache Tomcat 5.0
- Crystal Reports for Eclipse version 1.x
Reproducing the Issue
Using the Crystal Reports for Eclipse runtime version 1.x attempt to export a report to PDF format that has the "Repeat Group Header on Each Page" option enabled.
Note: This does not occur if this option is enabled in a subreport.
When the "Repeat Group Header on Each Page" is enabled for a group in a main report the Crystal Reports for Eclipse 1.x runtime is unable to correclty format the PDF document which results in an exception.
- Updating the application to use Crystal Reports for Eclipse version 2.x runtime will resolve the issue.
- The most recent updates to the Crystal Reports for Eclipse runtime can be freely downloaded from the SAP SDN Website.
KBA , BI-DEV-JAV , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - Java , Problem