(PowerBuilder Application Execution Error(R0035)) error calling externel object function readrecords at line 1052 in function uf_report_selection of object n_ole_crystal.
Reproducing the Issue
Upgrading application from PowerBuilder 10.2 using Crystal Reports 8.5 to PowerBuilder 10.2 or PowerBuilder 11.5 with Crystal Reports XI R2
- Code is from an earlier version of the RDC.
- It was last supported in Crystal Reports 8.5.
- The code for Crystal Reports connectivity was completely rewritten in version 9.0 with the introduction of our QueryEngine:
- The new code is described in:
- Note that with the addition of the Query engine, Crystal Reports now reads the specific database driver being used.
- The properties for an ODBC driver are different than and OLEDB driver.
- The properties of a SQL Server driver are not the same as Oracle.
- The big difference between MS SQL Server and Oracle is Oracle does not have a database property.
- The older connection code is no longer supported:
// Connect to database using odbc 32bit - this will not work:
- Upgrading older reports, the .DeleteAll method of using ConnectionInfo described in "cr_rdc9_connectionproperties.pdf" is recommended.
- See Crystal Reports in PowerBuilder - Report Designer Component Tutorial and Getting Started Guide, which describes using the RDC in PowerBuilder.
- Here is the matching PowerBuilder RDC application:
Crystal Reports 8.5, PB, LogOnServer, SetLogOnInfo, craxdrt, crviewer , KBA , BI-DEV , Business Intelligence Software Development Kits (SDKs) , Problem