When you are adding two time recordings on the same day or the same period with the different time types in employee's time file, system will throw the below error message:
Times with Time Types <XYZ> and <ABC> collide for period <dd.mm.yyyy> to <dd.mm.yyyy>.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center 'Time Administration'.
- Go to the view 'Employees'.
- Select the relevant employee and Select the button 'Edit'.
- Go to the 'Employee Time' tab.
- Try to record two different 'Time Types' for the same timeframe (e.g. illness and vacation for the same day).
- Select the button 'Save'.
Error message 'Times with Time Types <XYZ> and <ABC> collide for period <dd.mm.yyyy> to <dd.mm.yyyy>' appears.
Generally the system does not allow you to save time recordings with different time types on the same time period, such as illness and vacation are recorded for the same day. However, the company policy might contemplate the possibility of illness during a vacation period.
The collision rule of time type is introduced in the work center 'Business Configuration' to permit or disallow this kind of system behavior.
In order to configure the behavior of the system with regard to the collision of 'Time Types' in the 'Time Sheet', follow the below steps:
- Goto the work center 'Business Configuration'.
- Select the view 'Activity List'.
- Select the arrow 'Fine-Tune'.
- Search for the activity 'Time Types' and open it.
- Select the link 'Maintain Collision Rules'.
- Select the button 'Maintain Collision Rules'.
- Where you can maintain/configure the collision rule.
- Select the button 'Save and Close'.
KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To