- Formatting is different.
- Background color, text alignments and other formatting not retained when exporting the report.
- Formatting, Box, Lines, ... are lost, when exporting a report from Crystal Reports to Microsoft Word Editable format.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.0
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.1
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.2
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, or Crystal Reports for Enterprise, create a report off any data source.
- Add a Text Box with some text to it.
- Format the Text Box background color, line spacing, etc.
- Add a Line object to the report.
- Export the report to Microsoft Word Editable.
Notice the Text Box background color, and lines are missing in the MS Word document.
- When exporting a report to Microsoft Word - Editable format, the formatting is different because it has to converts all of the report object contents to text lines and doesn't use text frames, therefore:
- Text formatting is retained, but attributes such as background color, fill pattern, and so on will not be retained.
- Images in the report are inlined with the textual content and, therefore, the images automatically shift to accommodate text when the document is edited in Microsoft Word.
- Lines and Box objects are not exported, because they are objects that span over multiple sections, and cannot be conversted to appear on a text line.
- Note: The Microsoft Word - Editable (RTF) format has an option to insert page breaks at the end of each report page. This option may not correspond to the page breaks created by Microsoft Word; the option is used mainly to separate the report-page contents.
- Export the report to a different format that supports object formatting like:
- MS Word
- For information on the supported functionalities by exporting format, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article: 1946358
alignment, justify, left, right, CR, box, lines, background colors , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , BI-RA-CRE , Crystal Reports for Enterprise , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016