When you are trying to request leave through self services, the field 'Leave Available (as of today)' is empty.
Reproducing the Issue
- Goto the 'Home' workcenter.
- Select the 'Self-Services' view.
- Select the 'New Leave Request' link.
- Wher the field 'Leave Available (as of today)' is empty.
The reason for the described behavior is the missing association between 'Time Types' and 'Time Accounts'.
In the 'New Leave Request' guided activity the employee can select a 'Type of Leave' which is actually a 'Time Type'. In order to have a balance available, the time type selected must have a time account associated.
This association is part of the fine tuning in Business Configuration and can be performed as follows:
- Goto work center 'Business Configuration'.
- Selecy view 'Activity List'.
- Select the arrow 'Fine-Tune'.
- Search for the activity 'Time Types' and open it.
- Select the link 'Maintain Employee Time Types'.
Here you can maintain the association between 'Time Types' and 'Time Accounts'.
KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , Product Enhancement