Crystal Report when exported to MS-Excel(Data Only) the columns of the Excel file spread to multiple columns.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- MicroSoft Excel 2003 SP2
- MicroSoft Excel 2007
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the Crystal Report in CR Designer.
- Click on File -> Export -> Export report.
- Select Microsoft Excel –Data Only(XLS)
- Click on Ok
- Click on Options
- Select “Details” in the Drop Down box
- Check the options Maintain relative object position and Maintain column alignment
- Click on OK
- Save the excel file on the machine(Disk)
- View the Excel file.
- The exported file shows that the second column from left Matt Cont is not spread over to the adjoining columns.
- Click on the Export button.
- Select Excel data Only format from the drop down.
- In the Excel Format options, uncheck "Simplify page headers".
- Select other options as necessary.
- Once this is done, check the exported excel file. Now there must be no missing header columns.
- If "Simplify page headers" is checked, the page header is being read only once and does not show the values on the second line causing the issue to appear.
formatting lost,crystal report export, excel data only,multiple columns , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem