- OLAP report in Crystal Reports 2008 based on Mircosoft Analysis Service 2005 OLAP cube displays values in the OLAP Grid incorrectly.
- The OLAP Grid displays '0' or NULL, but in the 'cube view page' the correct data is visible.
Reproducing the Issue
- Use a Microsoft Analysis Server 2005 cube.
- Create a Crystal Reports 2008 report based on that OLAP cube.
- Once the OLAP Grid is displayed you will see '0' valus in the grid.
- Right click in the OLAP Grid and select 'View Cube'.
- You get to the 'Cube View' page. The correct values are displayed.
- The reason for this problem is that certain data types from Mircosoft Analysis Services 2005 are not correctly transferred to the Crystal Reports 2008 report.
- The problematic data types in Microsoft Analysis Services 2005 are the following:
- The issue has been escalation under ADAPT01160285.
- The issue has been escalated and the fix will be part of FixPack 1.3 for Business Objects Enterprise 3.1.
- FixPack 2.3 is scheduled to be released Mid February 2009.
- It also will be part of Service Pack 2 for Business Objects Enterprise 3.1 to be released end of May.
OLAP, MSAS 2005, cube, CR 2008, BOE 3.1, FP 1.3, SP2 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1