- QaaWS 3.1 is used to general WSDL URL
- Entering WSDL URL in IE browser does not show web service definition
- WSDL URL does not work when applied in Xcelsius throwing error "Unable to Load URL"
Reproducing the Issue
- Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1
- Windows 2003 Server
- QaaWS 3.1
- Web Sphere 6.2 application server
- Oracle application server
- Open QaaWS 3.1 and publish a WSDL URL
- Import the URL into Xcelsius' connection properties under QaaWS connection
- Enter the same URL into an IE browser
This is a known issue with QaaWS 3.1 and Websphere. In XI 3.1, there are some changes to the WSDL generation for added security. The generated WSDL from QaaWS 3.1 can be interpreted by Apache Tomcat, but lacks a parameter to be interpreted by the Websphere application server. Therefore Websphere won't be able to identify ?def or ?wsdl as distinct parameters if they have no value assigned.
The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID: ADAPT01117719.
- This issue has been resolved under Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1 Service Pack 2
- The workaround is to edit the URL in order to change ?def&cuid=XXXX or ?wsdl&cuid=XXXX into: ?def=1&cuid=XXXX and ?wsdl=1&cuid=XXXX respectively. (assign any dummy values so ?wsdl or ?def are properly identified as HTTP request parameters).
When you want to import the wsdl to xcelsius, you should enter:
When you want to get the documentation of the WS:
QaaWS 3.1; Websphere; Xcelsius; WSDL; Oracle AS , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem