- Cross tab shows Rows, Columns and Summarized fields however does not show the serial numbers.
- Is it possible to show the serial numbers for rows or columns
Reproducing the Issue
- Crystal Reports XI Release 1
- Crystal Reports XI Release 2
- Crystal Reports 2008
The following steps could be used as a workaround.
- Open the Crystal Reports Designer.
- Create a report and insert a Cross-Tab.
- To show the serial numbers with rows right click on the row field and click on the Format Field to open the Format Editor.
- Go to Common tab.
- Click on the X-2 button in front of ‘Display String’ to open the Formula Workshop.
- Write below code to it.
totext(x,"##") + " " + ToText(CurrentFieldValue);
- Ensure that there is no syntactical error by clicking on X-2 button.
- Save and close the Formula editor and Format Editor.
- Preview the report and observe that the Serial numbers are added with the row names.
Same procedure can be followed to add serial numbers with columns.
numbered list, cross tab numbering, CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To