- No option to export to MS PowerPoint.
- Need to preview a report data in MS PowerPoint.
- Able to exporting reports to MS Office document like MS Word, MS Excel, but there is no option to export a report to MS PowerPoint format from Crystal Reports.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- Open a report in Crystal Reports designer.
- Under the menu "File", select "Export - Export report..."
- Notice that there is no option to export to MS PowerPoint format.
- The format is not missing, because Crystal Reports does not have the functionality to export to Microsoft PowerPoint.
- A suggestion will be to use Live Office to bring report data, or report part in a MS PowerPoint document.
- In Crystal Reports, save the report to BusinessObjects Enterprise repository.
- In MS PowerPoint, go to Live Office menu (If you have not installed Live Office tool this option will not be visible.)
- Under the menu Insert, select Crystal Report Contents - Connect to Enterprise.
- Enter the user name and password to connect to the BusinessObjects Enterprise respository.
- Select the desired report.
- Click Next button.
- Click Finish button.
- Preview the repport data in MS PowerPoint.
- This idea has already been submitted as an Enhancement Request on SAP Idea Place.
If you would like to vote for this proposed product enhancement, click here.
Note that Enhancement Request will be considered in terms of future product development when considering possible new features in the next major release. Please note that the Enhancement Request may or may not be included depending on various factors.
CR, Live Office,PPT. , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Product Enhancement
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011, feature pack 03 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports XI ; SAP Crystal Reports XI R2