- Measure groups from a Microsoft Analysis Services 2005 OLAP cube are not recognized in an OLAP report in Crystal Reports 2008.
- in the Member Selector all the individual measures are visible, but not the measure groups with the associated fields under the group name.
Reproducing the Issue
- Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows 2003
- Any version of Crystal Reports 2008
- Create a Crystal Reports 2008 OLAP report based on Microsoft Analysis Services 2005 sample cube Adventure Works.
- Go to the member selector for the measure group.
- You will see the single measures, but you won't the the measure groups for these measures.
- Crystal Reports 2008 re-used some former OLAP Intelligence components which has not been modified to support member groups.
- Measure groups were a new feature in Microsoft Analysis Services 2005 and beyond, and that new feature is not something currently supported in the OLAP components that Crystal Reports uses.
- To add support for this feature would be a significantly sized item to address, and can only be done as an Enhancement.
- Enhancement_Request with ID: ADAPT01162839 was created for this functionality.
Crystal Reports, CR 2008, MSAS 2008, MSAS 2005, OLAP Measure groups , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1