- Error: RFC_INVALID_HANDLE
- Reports fails to refresh, and generates an error.
- The same reports used to refresh successfully before applying an update to the SAP System.
- In Crystal Reports, when refreshing reports based off SAP Tables, like SAP ECC, ERP,... it fails with the following errors:
Database Connector Error: "Syntax error in program /CRYSTAL/SAPFLAT"
Database Connector Error: "RFC_INVALID_HANDLE"
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, refresh a report based off an SAP ECC or ERP tables that uses the driver "SAP Table,Cluster or Function"
- It generates the error: Database Connector Error: "RFC_INVALID_HANDLE"
- SAP Integration Kit Transports contains programs and functions used by Crystal Reports to connect to an SAP System.
- If the programs and functions are of an incorrect version, not present, or the SAP Integration Kit Transports are not loaded in the incorrect order, it will cause issues.
- On your SAP System, import the Open SQL Connectivity transport before importing the Row level Security Definition or the Cluster Definition transports. You may import the other transports in any order.
For more information on the SAP Integration Kit Transports, and the general information on how to connect to SAP data sources from Crystal Reports, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article:
1615056 - How to connect to SAP datasources from Crystal Reports?
Syntax error program CRYSTAL SAPFLAT RFC_INVALID_HANDLE , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016